Product introduction / description:
Pattex Power Epoxy Metal 5 Minutes in the syringe gives you the bonding performance you need for almost any metal repairs, e.g. from cracks and leaks in water tanks and metal pipes to fixing door knockers and towel hooks.It dries very fast and transparently and won’t expand or shrink when curing. With its resistance to water, oil and common solvents, Pattex Power Epoxy Metal 5 Minutes can be used both outdoors and indoors.
And, you can also paint, sand, polish and even drill it!
Product main benefits:
- Fast and clean bonding
- Does not shrink nor expand when curing
- Good resistance to water, oil and common solvents
- plastics (except PP, PE and Teflon®)
Tips and tricks:
Clean before hard
Even if you work with the utmost precision, some Pattex Epoxy can still go where you don’t quite want it to go. In this case use ethanol, or any other universal solvent, to clean any adhesive remains before they get hard.
Even if you know what you’re doing, mistakes can sometimes happen. And you most realize what went wrong when everything’s done. Once hard, Pattex Epoxy glues can only be removed mechanically. The best thing to do is use a scraper. But be sure to consult the instructions, so you know exactly what you’re doing.
Read the instructions
Before gluing anything together, take a moment to read the instructions included with the product. We really recommend you consult and follow the technical, safety and environmental information before using. It just makes more sense that way.
Product should be stored at a temperature between 10 ºC and 30 ºC.
2 years if kept closed in its original container, under the above mentioned conditions. After this time, product may still be suitable for use, but it is recommended to check it or to ask our Technical Service.
Step by step
1. Make sure surfaces are clean, dry and free of grease or dust. If you can, roughen the surfaces, so the bond is stronger.
2. Mix components at a ratio of 1:1. Press the piston and mix both parts equally with a spatula.
3. Apply the double-component mixture to one of the surfaces and join to the other surface.
4. At room temperature, you have 4 minutes after mixing the components to join the surfaces.
5. After 5 minutes, the bond is strong enough to allow for normal use again. You can exert stress after 2 hours, and objects are fully cured after 24 hours.