Product introduction / description:
For a bond that can withstand the elements. Pattex Wood Exterior/PU has a special formula that ensures strong, watertight adhesive power if wood is painted afterwards. Can even bond different combinations of materials, e.g. wood with plastic or metal for small interior applications. Suitable for all kinds of woods and ideal for straight, plane surfaces.
Product main benefits:
- Exterior jobs
- Strong bonding power
- All types of woods
Tips and tricks:
More than just wood:
Did you know you can use Pattex Wood to glue straw, paper or even carton? Or for crafting with your kids? And for last-minute gifts too? Just take a look in your toolbox. You can use Pattex Wood for anything from heavy repair jobs to smaller crafting applications.
Should you need to do any quick cleaning, or if you need to wipe away excess glue, simply wipe away immediately with a clean towel. The remains on skin can be wiped away with vegetable oil. If the joint has already hardened, it will – however – need to be removed mechanically.
- Bottle 50g
- Bottle 200g
- Bottle 400g
Protect from frost.
Step by step
1. Make sure surfaces are clean, dry and free of any grease. As the parts need to be pressed evenly, wood glue is used best for flat laminates. Wear work overalls or clothes, as Pattex Wood Exterior/PU cannot be removed from clothing.
2. Before you start, make sure you’re wearing gloves to protect your hands from dirt.
3. Apply glue to one of the surfaces. Don’t use too much glue; a thin layer will do.
4. Once the glue starts foaming, you can press both surfaces together. Press parts or surfaces together while glue is wet.
5. Use a screw clamp to keep the parts held together firmly for a minimum of 45 minutes.
6. Do not leave bottle open for longer than 10 minutes to avoid prolonged contact to air. There you are: all set to go!