Mount mouldings and cornices, ceiling roses with Montage Classique
What's easier than decorating your ceiling with a moulding or a rose?
- A cutter
- A spirit level
- A pen
- A miter box
- Moulding, rose or corving
- Pattex No More Nails: Instant tack, Strong bonding power,Clean and Convenient
NB: if you use a cartridge, you will need an extruding gun and a cutter too.
Step by step / how to do:
1. First of all, clean the wall/ceiling; it has to be clean, sane, dry and dust free (if the glue sticks dust, it won't stick the wall!). Scrap quickly the painted walls.
2. If you want to fix the moulding at wall half-height, use a spirit level and a pen to mark precisely its place. If you want to fix a coving, no need to mark the place, you can start the mounting directly.
3. Cut the mouldings for the angles. To do so, you will need a miter box that will help you to make 45° angles; a wrong cut would be very visible.
4. Apply the No More Nails glue in drops or strings.
5. Press the moulding strongly on all its length. Pay attention to do not damage it if is in polystyrene.
6. Glue and seal the mouldings together with No More Nails.
7. Let it dry during 24h and paint it.
Tipps & Tricks
If your moulding, rose or corning is in polystyrene or polyester, prefer an acrylic painting.